- Global law firm, Sydney CBD location
- Supportive and friendly Partner and team environment
- Full time role with flexible hours
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and is recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com.
Dentons has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Corporate Boardroom Waiter looking to join our busy Client Services team.
In this varied role, you will have an opportunity to work across various aspects of the business. Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
Boardroom Waiter Duties
- Manage room bookings including arranging setup, clearing and reset.
- Maintain safe and clean reception area and meeting rooms, complying with Firm policies and procedures.
- Escort guests into meeting rooms, take orders for refreshments, make and serve.
- Coordinate resources for meetings and events including whiteboards, flip charts, additional tables and cloths
- Heat and serving of catering - food handling
Meeting Room support
- Provide setup and support for AV/video conference facilities in meeting rooms
- Reporting and liaising with IT for any maintenance and equipment issues
- Ensuring all meeting room and client areas are kept maintained to a safe and clean in line with firm policies and procedures.
- Delivery of outstanding service to clients and guests
- Relief reception including switchboard.
- Manage events and catering needs including forecasting the needs of upcoming events
- General servery cleaning and meeting rooms as required.
- Ensuring stock levels are monitored on a regular basis
- Ordering of some catering supplies
- General administration tasks as required.
To be successful in this busy role, strong organisational skills are essential and you must be a team player. In addition, a high level of enthusiasm and energy is necessary. Ideally you will have 2-3 years experience in a Boardroom, fine-dining waiting or Corporate Catering role. The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Hospitality/corporate front of house experience
- Intermediate barista experience
- An understanding and appreciation of the importance of front of house service standards
- Current RSA certification
- Workplace Hygiene, Food Handling and Safety certification (desirable)
- A professional and positive attitude
- Proactive and flexible approach to work
- Strong communication skills
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
Dentons Australia focuses on the three key areas of talent management: engagement, development, and culture to motivate, develop and deliver excellence for our clients.
We offer competitive market salary packaging, incentive pay and reward, salary sacrifice packaging, additional leave programs (purchased leave, parental leave) and referral bonuses.
We provide a number of corporate discounts, a generous health and wellbeing program and promote diversity initiatives across gender, flexibility, culture and LGBTI. We offer a range of benefits to our staff and their families. At Dentons, we are constantly looking to improve employee's lives in and out of the workplace.
As a Dentons employee you can also benefit from a range of free and discounted social activities, support networks, discounted gym memberships, discounted legal services and benefits on banking products with our clients.
Dentons fosters an inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer.
Click on the below link to submit your application for this role. Please include a brief cover letter and current CV. Alternatively, you can visit our Dentons career page.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further follow-up in relation to this role.
Dentons has an internal talent acquisition team that works directly with candidates on all of our career opportunities. Dentons does not accept external agency applications for this role.