- Fantastic career opportunity
- Broad ranging role with plenty of scope for development
- Leading global law firm
We have an excellent opportunity for a Business Development Coordinator to join our successful Business Development team on a 12 month fixed term contract, covering maternity leave. Ideally, this role will be commencing in May 2019 to ensure sufficient handover and training.
Our Business Development function supports the business through the identification, development and pursuit of opportunities for revenue generation, client acquisition and management. This role is integral to the coordination, implementation and execution of the firm’s Marketing and Business Development programs.
In short, you will:
- Business development support for sectors and individual Partners – including team meetings, responding to ad hoc requests and execution of projects as required.
- Assistance with key client and business unit planning initiatives.
- Coordination of content for legal directories and awards.
- Development and drafting of market facing documents (including capability statements, ad-hoc collateral, CVs, team charts and other materials as required).
- Liaise with Finance team to provide relevant financial information for internal meetings, client reports and production of tenders.
Assist in the development, drafting and production of tender and pitch responses, including:
- End to end project management
- Liaising with Business Development Managers, Partners and Lawyers to drive tenders forward.
- Undertaking research (internal and external) to assist with tender production.
- Ensuring document is ‘on brand’, meets client requirements and is easy to read.
- Administration for support for events.
- Occasional attendance at events to assist in coordinating events (including some out of hour’s events).
- Generating and maintaining invite lists through the firm’s client relationship database.
- Administrative support for our Region CEO
- Provide general, day to day and documentation support (creation, formatting and proof reading of documents, agendas and memos) to the CEO
- Diary and travel management
- Arrange Board meetings including agendas and collate and compile board papers
- Manage annual partner assessment process/meetings
- Liaising with key internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the CEO
To be successful in this role, strong organisational skills are essential and you must be a team player. In addition, a high level of attention to detail and enthusiasm is a must. Ideally you will have demonstrated Marketing and Business Development experience in a coordinator/assistant role, but above all else - attitude is the key!
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- A proactive and flexible attitude
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work across a number of business areas
- Ability to manage day-to day tasks as well as long term projects
- Advanced software skills, preferably in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Competency in Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop desirable but not essential.
- Ability to analyse data
- Work both autonomously as well as part of a team
- Builds and maintains internal and external networks
Dentons employee extras
Dentons Australia focuses on the three key areas of talent management: engagement, development, and culture to motivate, develop our talent to deliver excellence for our clients.
We offer competitive market salary packaging, incentive pay and reward, salary sacrifice packaging, additional leave programs (purchased leave, paid parental leave) and referral bonuses.
We offer a number of generous corporate discounts; health and wellbeing programs and we promote diversity initiatives across gender, flexible work practices, culture and LGBTI. We also offer a range of benefits to our staff and their families. At Dentons, we are constantly looking to improve employee's lives in and out of the workplace to bring a sense of work/ life harmony.
About Dentons Australia
In Australia, Dentons have offices across Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth. Our expertise, attitude and accessibility attract many of Australasia's most successful and innovative organisations as well as leading multinationals.
Our lawyers are repeatedly recognised as leading legal service providers in Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific and IFLR 1000. Many of our partners are consistently recognised in each of these directories and in Best Lawyers International: Australia. Dentons has also been recognised on multiple occasions as Lawyers weekly Diversity law firm of the year and has also been recognised as a top 50 Australian employer for workplace diversity and inclusion
Click on the below link to submit your application for this role as there are screening questions attached to this application. Please include a brief cover letter, current CV and academic transcripts (where applicable). Alternatively, you can visit our Dentons career page.
Please note: Dentons has an internal talent acquisition team that works directly with candidates on all of our career opportunities. For this role, Dentons will not accept external agency applications.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates that meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.