Dentons has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Corporate Boardroom Waiter looking to join our busy Client Services team.
In this varied role, you will have an opportunity to work across various aspects of the business. Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
Boardroom Waiter Duties
- Manage room bookings including arranging setup, clearing and reset.
- Maintain safe and clean reception area and meeting rooms, complying with Firm policies and procedures.
- Escort guests into meeting rooms, take orders for refreshments, make and serve.
- Coordinate resources for meetings and events including whiteboards, flip charts, additional tables and cloths
- Heat and serving of catering - food handling
Meeting Room support
- Provide setup and support for AV/video conference facilities in meeting rooms
- Reporting and liaising with IT for any maintenance and equipment issues
- Ensuring all meeting room and client areas are kept maintained to a safe and clean in line with firm policies and procedures.
- Delivery of outstanding service to clients and guests
- Relief reception including switchboard.
- Manage events and catering needs including forecasting the needs of upcoming events
- General servery cleaning and meeting rooms as required.
- Ensuring stock levels are monitored on a regular basis
- Ordering of some catering supplies
- General administration tasks as required.
To be successful in this busy role, strong organisational skills are essential and you must be a team player. In addition, a high level of enthusiasm and energy is necessary. Ideally you will have 2-3 years experience in a Boardroom, fine-dining waiting or Corporate Catering role. The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Hospitality/corporate front of house experience
- Intermediate barista experience
- Possess great energy, manual handling skills and professional presentation
- An understanding and appreciation of the importance of front of house service standards
- Current RSA certification
- Workplace Hygiene, Food Handling and Safety certification (desirable)
- A professional and positive attitude
- Proactive and flexible approach to work
- Strong communication skills
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
Dentons employee extras
Dentons Australia focuses on the three key areas of talent management: engagement, development, and culture to motivate, develop our talent to deliver excellence for our clients.
We offer competitive market salary packaging, incentive pay and reward, salary sacrifice packaging, additional leave programs (purchased leave, paid parental leave) and referral bonuses.
We offer a number of generous corporate discounts; health and wellbeing programs and we promote diversity initiatives across gender, flexible work practices, culture and LGBTI. We also offer a range of benefits to our staff and their families. At Dentons, we are constantly looking to improve employee's lives in and out of the workplace to bring a sense of work/ life harmony.
About Dentons Australia
In Australia, Dentons have offices across Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth. Our expertise, attitude and accessibility attract many of Australasia's most successful and innovative organisations as well as leading multinationals.
Our lawyers are repeatedly recognised as leading legal service providers in Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific and IFLR 1000. Many of our partners are consistently recognised in each of these directories and in Best Lawyers International: Australia. Dentons has also been recognised on multiple occasions as Lawyers weekly Diversity law firm of the year and has also been recognised as a top 50 Australian employer for workplace diversity and inclusion
Click on the below link to submit your application for this role as there are screening questions attached to this application. Please include a brief cover letter and current CV. Alternatively, you can visit our Dentons career page.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further follow-up in relation to this role.
Dentons has an internal talent acquisition team that works directly with candidates on all of our career opportunities. Dentons does not accept external agency applications for this role.