- Award winning banking team, global law firm
- Servicing 20+ bank panels including all four major Australian trading banks
- Global banking practice
In Australia, Dentons has offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth, and associate offices in Adelaide, with more than 100 partners and over 800 staff. Our expertise, attitude and accessibility attract many of Australasia's most successful and innovative organisations as well as leading multinationals.
Our lawyers are repeatedly recognised as leading legal service providers in Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific and IFLR 1000. Many of our partners are consistently recognised in each of these directories and in Best Lawyers International: Australia. Dentons was again named the Lawyers weekly Diversity law firm of the year for a second year running.
Our award winning, peer and industry recognised Sydney Banking and Finance practice is growing and we are seeking talented experienced senior associate level lawyers to join the practice.
- we are predominantly a loan markets practice being on the panels of over 20 banks and financial institutions, however we also undertake complex borrower and sponsor work for a number of ASX 100/200 corporates and Australian and offshore REITS and funds;
- whilst we are ever-increasingly acting for Dentons global clients on cross border matters with an Australian connection, we have an unwavering commitment to and focus on our Australian clients and the lion's share of our work is with our domestic and national clients;
- our core strengths are in the loan markets areas of Property & Construction Finance, Corporate Finance, Acquisition & Leveraged Finance and Project Finance; and
- we are very capably supported internally by our exceptionally strong Insolvency, Property, Construction, Planning & Environment, Corporate and Litigation teams.
You will have the opportunity:
- of working directly with market leading Banking & Finance Partners (including those that are independently ranked or recognised as Leading Lawyers, Best Lawyers or Band 1 Lawyers in directories and publications such as Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, Best Lawyers International: Australia, IFLR 1000 and Legal 500 - Asia Pacific);
- to work autonomously with plenty of direct client and relationship contact on matters where you do not require as much assistance from a Partner;
- to participate in a structured learning and development program tailored to your level of experience;
- to enjoy the benefits of 'one on one' mentoring with partners and other senior lawyers who are focused on your career, development and well-being and to genuinely have clear opportunities for promotion and advancement in a firm that is growing and making up Partners;
- to play to your strengths, in particular if you pride yourself as being a great draftsperson or technician or if you have great relationship and business development skills.
Dentons Australia focuses on the three key areas of talent management: engagement, development, and culture to motivate, develop and deliver excellence for our clients. We offer competitive market salary packaging, incentive pay and reward, salary sacrifice packaging, additional leave programs (purchased leave, parental leave) and referral bonuses. We provide a number of corporate discounts, a generous health and wellbeing program and promote diversity initiatives across gender, flexibility, culture and LGBTI. We offer a range of benefits to our staff and their families. At Dentons, we are constantly looking to improve employee's lives in and out of the workplace. As a Dentons employee you can also benefit from a range of free and discounted social activities, support networks, discounted gym memberships, discounted legal services and benefits on banking products with our clients.
Click on the below link to submit your application for this role. Please include a brief cover letter, current CV and academic transcripts. Alternatively, you can visit our Dentons career page. All enquiries will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Dentons has an internal talent acquisition team that works directly with candidates on all of our career opportunities. Dentons will not accept external agency applications for this role.