About the role:
Dentons Australia is on the search for an experienced Legal Administrative Assistant. You will be involved in all aspects of the support function, assisting our Melbourne intellectual property team on a part time basis. Some of your duties will include:
- Matter management including opening, closing and archiving,
- Email, diary management and travel bookings,
- Drafting correspondence and court documents,
- Updating and maintaining databases related to IP matters,
- Preparing and filing trade mark applications,
- Liaising with clients via email and phone,
- Month end Billings, and
- General administration tasks as required.
The successful candidate will draw on their background in legal support to deliver outstanding administrative assistance. This role is available immediately and we invite applications from candidates who have worked in similar roles within the professional or legal services industry.
What you'll need to succeed:
4+ years of prior law firm experience and a determination to excel in your legal support career is a pre-requisite. You'll also have availability to work 3 days per week, with availability on Friday an essential.
Other key requirements:
- You will possess strong organisational skills.
- Exceptional technical competence on databases
- Highly developed skills across the Microsoft suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- You must be able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Meticulous attention to detail with proficiency in MS Outlook.
- Commitment to professionalism.
What we can offer you:
Dentons Australia focuses on the three key areas of talent management: engagement, development, and culture in order to motivate and develop our talent to deliver excellence for our clients.
We offer competitive market salary packaging, incentive pay and reward, salary sacrifice packaging, additional leave programs (purchased leave, paid parental leave) and referral bonuses.
We offer a number of generous corporate discounts, health and wellbeing programs and we promote diversity initiatives across gender, flexible work practices, culture and LGBTI. We also offer a range of benefits to our staff and their families. At Dentons, we are constantly looking to improve employee's lives in and out of the workplace to bring a sense of work/ life harmony.
About Dentons Australia
In Australia, Dentons have offices across Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth, with and associate office in Adelaide. Our expertise, attitude and accessibility attract many of Australasia's most successful and innovative organisations as well as leading multinationals.
Our lawyers are repeatedly recognised as leading legal service providers in Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific and IFLR 1000. Many of our partners are consistently recognised in each of these directories and in Best Lawyers International: Australia. Dentons has also been recognised on multiple occasions as Lawyers weekly Diversity law firm of the year and has also been recognised as a top 50 Australian employer for workplace diversity and inclusion. www.dentons.com.
Please note that there are screening questions that are required to be completed as part of your application. Please click on the following link to apply for this role and complete the screening questions:
Please note: This role is not suitable for law graduates or law students. Only shortlisted candidates that meet the requirements of this position will be contacted.