- Client facing opportunity identification
- Assist in developing strong market strategies
- Global leading law firm, Sydney or Melbourne CBD location
This is a senior business development role, supporting the business through opportunity identification, development and pursuit leading to revenue generation, client acquisition and client maintenance. The role achieves this through:
- Leading and developing key firm wide business development programs including the key client program and client listening program
- Supporting the firm’s financial institutions sector group, including the Australia region’s interaction with Dentons’ global practice and sector groups
- Working with our client relationship partners on a number of the firm’s key clients to maintain, grow and win revenue and market share
- Assisting partners to develop go-to-market strategies, including opportunities to productise offerings
- Providing support for the firm’s China and ASEAN desks.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will:
- Be proactive, strategic and innovative in their approach to business development
- Identify opportunities through client interaction and market analysis
- Understand how to add value to clients and targets through business development approaches
- Develop opportunity specific value propositions to differentiate Dentons
- Generate demand for the firm’s services and products
- Build their own network of relationships with firm clients and targets
- Demonstrate strong stakeholder management
- Deliver excellent client service and have strong emotional intelligence
Firm wide programs
- Lead and develop the firm’s key client program to achieve the program’s objectives
- Build on the existing client listening program to institutionalise the program across the firm, including undertaking client listening, actioning feedback and developing insights from feedback
Business development and client management
- Manage the firm’s relationships with a number of firm key clients, in collaboration with the client relationship partners
- Identify opportunities and lead pursuits to maintain and grow revenue from existing clients and to win work from target clients
- Build relationships with clients to understand their needs, identify opportunities and develop solutions to differentiate Dentons
- Coach partners and lawyers on business development skills (including one-on-one and group sessions) to assist the firm to drive business development activity
- Strategically advise in relation to bid/no bid decision, pricing and value proposition
- Project manage the production of high quality tenders and pitches
- Coach partners on tender best practice
- Identify profiling and media opportunities related to significant deals, market developments, new issues and work with the communications team to execute
- Develop legal directory and award responses (in particular the articulation of the value proposition)
- Assist the team to maintain key business development tools (tender database, clause bank, deal register etc)
- Work closely with the communications team to maximise BD opportunities from firm wide campaigns
- Mentor, train and develop junior members of the team
- Contribute to team learning, knowledge and development activities
- Contribute to raising the profile and awareness of the marketing and business development team
About Dentons Australia
In Australia, Dentons have offices across Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth, with and associate office in Adelaide. Our expertise, attitude and accessibility attract many of Australasia's most successful and innovative organisations as well as leading multinationals.
Our lawyers are repeatedly recognised as leading legal service providers in Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific and IFLR 1000. Many of our partners are consistently recognised in each of these directories and in Best Lawyers International: Australia.
Click on the below link to submit your application for this role as there are screening questions attached to this application. Please include a brief cover letter, current CV and academic transcripts (where applicable). Alternatively, you can visit our Dentons career page.
Dentons has an internal talent acquisition team that works directly with candidates on all of our career opportunities. For this role, Dentons will not accept external agency applications.