- Immediate start - 12 month contract
- Fantastic team environment, CBD office
- Diverse range of projects using .NET technologies
In Australia, Dentons have offices across Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth, with an associate office in Adelaide. Our expertise, attitude and accessibility attract many of Australasia's most successful and innovative organisations as well as leading multinationals.
Our lawyers are repeatedly recognised as leading legal service providers in Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific and IFLR 1000. Many of our partners are consistently recognised in each of these directories and in Best Lawyers International: Australia. Dentons has also been recognised on multiple occasions as Lawyers weekly Diversity law firm of the year and has also been recognised as a top 50 Australian employer for workplace diversity and inclusion. www.dentons.com.
As a result of a global IT project, a new opportunity is available in our Applications Development team for an experienced Developer for a 12 month contract period.
Become part of a team of 4 developers - you will analyse, develop, optimise and integrate new software solutions and provide ongoing support. Some flexibility is required in relation to hours of work - you will need to work outside normal working hours from time to time, for example on system upgrades.
What you will be doing:
- Review and understand customer requirements and specifications
- Design and develop software solutions that conform to technical specification, security best practices and customer requirements
- Test, debug and add enhancements to existing applications including the creation of web tests
- Implement and integrate third party solutions such as DocuSign, PEXA, InfoTrack and SalesForce
- Analyse and help resolve software related issues from operations and infrastructure team and recommend solutions
- Create technical documentation on new design and enhancements
- Work with source control (TFS) and issue tracking (JIRA) systems
We are looking for a team player, who is adaptable and flexible in their approach with the ability to develop strong relationships.
- A minimum of 5 years in the IT industry, with at least 3 years' experience in a similar role using .NET technologies
- Experience gained in a corporate / commercial / professional services environment
- Legal industry experience would be an advantage
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related degree
- Superior analytical skills and a good grasp of general business principles
- Excellent communication both verbal and written as well as active listening skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- Work independently without close supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills, team orientation
- Ability to work collaboratively with all stakeholders
- Understand the needs and expectations of the business
- Quality and customer focussed with high attention to detail
- Professional, reliable, responsible and accountable
- The willingness to learn new things and to share knowledge
Mandatory technical skills
- SQL 2012
- Strong TSQL, complex stored procedures
- Knowledge in secure coding best practices and OWASP
Dentons Australia focuses on the three key areas of talent management: engagement, development, and culture to motivate, develop and deliver excellence for our clients.
We offer competitive market salary packaging, incentive pay and reward, salary sacrifice packaging, additional leave programs (purchased leave, parental leave) and referral bonuses.
We provide a number of corporate discounts, a generous health and wellbeing program and promote diversity initiatives across gender, flexibility, culture and LGBTI. We offer a range of benefits to our staff and their families. At Dentons, we are constantly looking to improve employee's lives in and out of the workplace.
As a Dentons employee you can also benefit from a range of free and discounted social activities, support networks, discounted gym memberships, discounted legal services and benefits on banking products with our clients.
Click on the link to submit your application - please include your CV and a cover letter. Alternatively, you can visit our Dentons career page.
Dentons has an internal Talent Acquisition team that works directly with candidates on all of our career opportunities. Dentons does not accept external agency applications for this role.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates that meet the requirements of this position will be contacted.