- Immediate start – 12 months contract
- Provide practical analysis, budgeting and forecasting
- Lead a team of 4, CBD office
In Australia, Dentons have offices across Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth, with an associate office in Adelaide. Our expertise, attitude and accessibility attract many of Australasia's most successful and innovative organisations as well as leading multinationals.
Our lawyers are repeatedly recognised as leading legal service providers in Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific and IFLR 1000. Many of our partners are consistently recognised in each of these directories and in Best Lawyers International: Australia. Dentons has also been recognised on multiple occasions as Lawyers weekly Diversity law firm of the year and has also been recognised as a top 50 Australian employer for workplace diversity and inclusion. www.dentons.com
As a result of a Global systems project, a fantastic opportunity is available for an experienced Finance Manager to join our industry leading Finance team for a 12 month contract.
You will lead a team of 4 and the key elements of the role are to provide meaningful information to users at different levels throughout the firm.
What you will be doing:
- Month end and year end processes and lodgements, including financial accounts, audit, management accounts, income tax return, FBT return, BAS, payroll tax, ABS surveys, reconciliations and bank covenant compliance
- Prepare annual budgets and updated or rolling forecasts
- Direct supervision of a team of 4 - Financial Accountant, Management Accountant, Assistant Accountant and Client Reporting Officer
- Daily monitoring of cash flow performance and assistance with planning
- Provide practical analysis, forecasting and suggestions for improvements
- Development and analysis of profitability measures and KPIs at various levels - eg whole firm, Partner and fee earner
- Respond to ad hoc queries from internal and external clients
- Analysis of variances to budgets and targets to provide practical feedback to users and management
- Work closely with external networks to build and maintain the firm's profile.
You will have:
We are seeking someone who can bring excellent technical knowledge of the finance and accounting industry along with superior communication and team management skills.
- Relevant tertiary qualification and either CA or CPA qualified
- Demonstrated experience within a large accounting or professional services firm, with subsequent commercial experience
- Financial accounting, management accounting, taxation, budgeting and forecasting experience
- Trust accounting experience would be an advantage
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills and a good grasp of general business principles
- Strong attention to detail
- Prior team leadership experience - the role has a strong focus on development and teamwork
- Excellent communication both verbal and written as well as active listening skills
- Ability to understand client needs and develop services in order to support these needs
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Dentons Australia focuses on the three key areas of talent management: engagement, development, and culture to motivate, develop and deliver excellence for our clients.
We offer competitive market salary packaging, incentive pay and reward, salary sacrifice packaging, additional leave programs (purchased leave, parental leave) and referral bonuses.
We provide a number of corporate discounts, a generous health and wellbeing program and promote diversity initiatives across gender, flexibility, culture and LGBTI. We offer a range of benefits to our staff and their families. At Dentons, we are constantly looking to improve employee's lives in and out of the workplace.
As a Dentons employee you can also benefit from a range of free and discounted social activities, support networks, discounted gym memberships, discounted legal services and benefits on banking products with our clients.
Click on the link to submit your application - please include your CV and a cover letter. Alternatively, you can visit our Dentons career page.
Please contact Charlotte Williams on 02 9035 7458 with any questions regarding this opportunity. Applications will be treated in confidence.
Dentons has an internal Talent Acquisition team that works directly with candidates on all of our career opportunities. Dentons does not accept external agency applications for this role.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates that meet the requirements of this position will be contacted.