- Immediate start – 12 months contract
- Key financial reporting role, CBD office
- Supportive and professional accounting team
In Australia, Dentons have offices across Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth, with an associate office in Adelaide. Our expertise, attitude and accessibility attract many of Australasia's most successful and innovative organisations as well as leading multinationals.
Our lawyers are repeatedly recognised as leading legal service providers in Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific and IFLR 1000. Many of our partners are consistently recognised in each of these directories and in Best Lawyers International: Australia. Dentons has also been recognised on multiple occasions as Lawyers weekly Diversity law firm of the year and has also been recognised as a top 50 Australian employer for workplace diversity and inclusion. www.dentons.com
As a result of a Global systems project, a fantastic opportunity is available for an experienced Financial Accountant to join our industry leading Finance team for a 12 month contract.
What you will be doing:
- Involved in the hands on accounting for the daily operations of the firm across Australia, PNG & NZ
- Involved in all month end and year end processes and lodgements, including:
- management accounts
- reconciliations - balance sheet and partner accounts
- payroll tax
- ABS surveys
- financial accounts and audit
- assist with / input to the income tax return
- assist with / input to the FBT return
- bank covenant compliance
- Prepare month end journals, reconciliations, including balance sheet reconciliations and reporting
- Check general ledger coding attached to payment request and correcting
- Assist with preparation of annual budgets and updated or rolling forecasts
- Maintain the firm's asset and lease register
- Review monthly Controlled Money and Bank account reconciliations
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Analysis of variances to budgets and targets to provide practical feedback to users and management
- Assist with daily monitoring of cash flow performance and assistance with planning
- Assist with compilation of partner year end earning statements and tax packs
- Maintain and assist with partner remuneration, benefits, documentation, records, etc
- Assist with renewal process for all insurances, across all locations
You will have:
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated Financial Accounting experience (3 - 5 years) with a good understanding of management accounting, budgeting and forecasting.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and either CA or CPA qualified
- Demonstrated accounting experience, preferably within a large professional services firm
- Commercial experience would be advantageous
- Sound background covering financial accounting with a good understanding of management accounting, budgeting and forecasting
- Strong communication skills are essential, as the role requires significant personal interaction with senior staff throughout the firm
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability and willingness to work within a collaborative team and provide additional team assistance where necessary
Dentons Australia focuses on the three key areas of talent management: engagement, development, and culture to motivate, develop and deliver excellence for our clients.
We offer competitive market salary packaging, incentive pay and reward, salary sacrifice packaging, additional leave programs (purchased leave, parental leave) and referral bonuses.
We provide a number of corporate discounts, a generous health and wellbeing program and promote diversity initiatives across gender, flexibility, culture and LGBTI. We offer a range of benefits to our staff and their families. At Dentons, we are constantly looking to improve employee's lives in and out of the workplace.
As a Dentons employee you can also benefit from a range of free and discounted social activities, support networks, discounted gym memberships, discounted legal services and benefits on banking products with our clients.
Click on the link to submit your application - please include your CV and a cover letter. Alternatively, you can visit our Dentons career page.
Dentons has an internal Talent Acquisition team that works directly with candidates on all of our career opportunities. Dentons does not accept external agency applications for this role.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates that meet the requirements of this position will be contacted.