- Join our successful Banking and Finance team
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
- Global law firm, Sydney CBD location
Our award winning, peer and industry recognised Sydney Banking and Finance practice is growing and we are seeking a talented and experienced 1-2 years PQE lawyer to join our financial services, credit regulatory and compliance team.
You will have the opportunity:
- To work autonomously with plenty of direct client and relationship contact on matters where you do not require as much assistance from a Partner;
- You will participate in a structured learning and development program tailored to your level of experience;
- Enjoy the benefits of 'one on one' mentoring with Partners and other senior Lawyers who are focused on your career, development and well-being
- Have clear opportunities for promotion and advancement in a firm that is growing at a rapid paces;
- To play to your strengths, in particular if you pride yourself as being a great draftsperson or technician or if you have great relationship and business development skills.
What you'll need to succeed:
Ideally you will have experience in financial products and credit regulation. This could include experience working in a bank, other financial institution, or experience documenting loan transactions. Knowledge of the National Consumer Credit Protection Act and/or the Corporations Act would be ideal, but not strictly necessary. We require someone enthusistic, with attention to detail, good research skills and a willingness to learn.
What we can offer you:
Dentons Australia focuses on the three key areas of talent management: engagement, development, and culture to motivate, develop our talent to deliver excellence for our clients.
We offer competitive market salary packaging, incentive pay and reward, salary sacrifice packaging, additional leave programs (purchased leave, paid parental leave) and referral bonuses.
We offer a number of generous corporate discounts, health and wellbeing programs and we promote diversity initiatives across gender, flexible work practices, culture and LGBTI. We also offer a range of benefits to our staff and their families. At Dentons, we are constantly looking to improve employee's lives in and out of the workplace to bring a sense of work/ life harmony.
About Dentons Australia
In Australia, Dentons have offices across Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth, with and associate office in Adelaide. Our expertise, attitude and accessibility attract many of Australasia's most successful and innovative organisations as well as leading multinationals.
Our lawyers are repeatedly recognised as leading legal service providers in Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific and IFLR 1000. Many of our partners are consistently recognised in each of these directories and in Best Lawyers International: Australia. Dentons has also been recognised on multiple occasions as Lawyers weekly Diversity law firm of the year and has also been recognised as a top 50 Australian employer for workplace diversity and inclusion. www.dentons.com.
Please click on the link below to let us have your CV, cover letter and academic transcripts. Alternatively, you can visit our Dentons career page.
Applications will be treated in confidence.
Dentons has an internal talent acquisition team that works directly with candidates on all of our career opportunities.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates that meet the requirements of this position will be contacted.