- Leading global law firm, Adelaide CBD location
- Supportive and collaborative team
- Career development opportunities
We have an excellent opportunity for a junior Credit Officer in Adelaide to join our busy Accounts team on a full-time permanent basis.
In this challenging role, you will be responsible for managing the debt collection process with a key focus on the reduction of debtors and WIP across the Firm.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Consistent follow up and collection of outstanding debtors
- Review and follow up outstanding work in progress and unbilled disbursements, ensuring they are billed or written off
- Assist with daily identification of received funds
- Assist with daily cheque banking/receipting when required
- Processing WIP and Debtor write offs
- Prepare and provide reports, including statements, reminder letters, reconciliations, ledger reports and other necessary reports as required by both internal and external clients
- Attend and respond to queries and requests from both internal and external clients
- Meet directly with Partners to discuss debtor and WIP ledgers
- Meet monthly cash collection targets
- Other duties as required
What you'll need to succeed:
To be successful in this role, strong organisational skills are essential and you must be a team player. In addition, a high level of attention to detail and enthusiasm is a must. Ideally you will have 1-2 years experience in a similar role in a professional services environment.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in a debt collection role with exposure to billings, credit and collection
- Background in the Legal Industry or professional services environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent resolution and problem solving abilities
- Perseverance in difficult situations
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Time management skills with ability to meet deadlines and targets
- Proficiency at Word, Excel and Outlook
What we can offer you:
Dentons Australia focuses on the three key areas of talent management: engagement, development, and culture to motivate, develop our talent to deliver excellence for our clients.
We offer competitive market salary packaging, incentive pay and reward, salary sacrifice packaging, additional leave programs (purchased leave, paid parental leave) and referral bonuses.
We offer a number of health and wellbeing programs and we promote diversity initiatives across gender, flexible work practices, culture and LGBTI. At Dentons, we are constantly looking to improve employee's lives in and out of the workplace to bring a sense of work/life harmony.
About Dentons Australia
In Australia, Dentons have offices across Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide. Our expertise, attitude and accessibility attract many of Australasia's most successful and innovative organisations as well as leading multinationals.
Our lawyers are repeatedly recognised as leading legal service providers in Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific and IFLR 1000. Many of our partners are consistently recognised in each of these directories and in Best Lawyers International: Australia. Dentons has also been recognised on multiple occasions as Lawyers weekly Diversity law firm of the year and has also been recognised as a top 50 Australian employer for workplace diversity and inclusion
To apply for this role, please include a brief cover letter and current CV. Also, please complete the screening questions attached to this application.
Please note: Dentons has an internal talent acquisition team that works directly with candidates on all of our career opportunities. For this role, Dentons will not accept external agency applications.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates that meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.