- Fast tracked career development
- Clear path for progression
- Leading global law firm
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic business development coordinator that is interested in driving their career forward with a global brand.
There is a strong development focus on this role to advance the right individual to the next level and support a growing business development team.
We are passionate about developing our people. In this role you will:
- be proactively engaged in projects that stretch your abilities including ownership of team projects and targeted opportunities
- work with your manager to create a bespoke development plan that seeks to fast-track your progression complete with mentoring, training and support to achieve your career goals.
- be actively involved in tender, project, sector and practice meetings with partners to see our senior team members in action and help you develop your own personal BD style.
- have your ideas welcomed and a voice in every meeting.
The role will provide integral support to a high performing and collaborative business development team across firm wide client and practice business development initiatives.
To be successful in this role, you will have a proactive mindset, look for opportunities and be a problem solver. You will have a passion for building relationships and be comfortable working with our national MBD team as well as working autonomously.
Our Business Development function supports the business through the identification, development and pursuit of opportunities for revenue generation, client acquisition and management. This role is integral to the coordination, implementation and execution of the firm's Marketing and Business Development programs.
In short, you will provide:
- Business development support for practices, sectors and individual partners
- Assistance with key client and business unit planning initiatives
- Coordination of content for legal directories and awards
- Development and drafting of market facing documents (including capability statements, ad-hoc collateral, CVs, team charts and other materials as required)
- Liaison with the finance team to provide relevant financial information for internal meetings, client reports and production of tenders
Assist in the development, drafting and production of tender and pitch responses, including:
- End to end project management
- Liaising with Business Development Managers, Partners and Lawyers to drive tenders forward
- Undertaking research (internal and external) to assist with tender production
- Ensuring document is 'on brand', meets client requirements and is easy to read
- Support on key client business planning and execution of activities.
- Assist client teams with marketing collateral, plans and reporting.
Awards & Surveys
- Support Marketing and Business Development team members with Legal Directory and Award submissions.
- Work autonomously with stakeholders to develop content for awards & surveys.
- Management and maintenance of firm wide CVs, proposals, tenders and capability statements.
- Market research and analysis.
- Liaise with Finance team to provide relevant financial information for internal meetings, client reports and production of tenders.
- Occasional attendance at events to assist in coordinating events (including some out of hour's events)
To be successful in this role, you must be a team player and a high level of attention to detail and enthusiasm is essential. You will have demonstrated Marketing and Business Development experience in a coordinator/assistant role, but above all else - attitude is the key!
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- A proactive and flexible attitude
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work across a number of business areas
- Ability to manage day-to day tasks as well as long term projects
- Advanced software skills, preferably in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Competency in Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop desirable but not essential.
- Ability to analyse data
- Work both autonomously as well as part of a team
- Builds and maintains internal and external networks
Dentons commitment to employees
Dentons Australia focuses on the three key areas of talent management: engagement, development, and culture to motivate, develop our talent to deliver excellence for our clients.
We offer competitive market salary packaging, salary sacrifice packaging, additional leave programs including purchased leave and market leading paid parental leave as well as referral bonuses.
We are committed to flexibility. Over 28% of our workforce have an agreed flexible working arrangement in place.
We offer a number of health and wellbeing programs and we promote diversity initiatives across gender, flexible work practices, culture and LGBTI. At Dentons, we are constantly looking to improve employee's lives in and out of the workplace to bring a sense of work/life harmony.
About Dentons Australia
In Australia, Dentons have offices across Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide. Our expertise, attitude and accessibility attract many of Australasia's most successful and innovative organisations as well as leading multinationals.
Our lawyers are repeatedly recognised as leading legal service providers in Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific and IFLR 1000. Many of our partners are consistently recognised in each of these directories and in Best Lawyers International: Australia. Dentons has also been recognised on multiple occasions as Lawyers weekly Diversity law firm of the year and has also been recognised as a top 50 Australian employer for workplace diversity and inclusion
To apply for this role, please include a brief cover letter and current CV. Also, please complete the screening questions attached to this application.
Please note: Dentons has an internal talent acquisition team that works directly with candidates on all of our career opportunities. For this role, Dentons will not accept external agency applications.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates that meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.