- Join our progressive team!
- Career enhancing opportunity
- High performing, supportive team environment
In Australia, Dentons have offices across Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide. Our expertise, attitude and accessibility attract many of Australasia's most successful and innovative organisations as well as leading multinationals.
Our lawyers are repeatedly recognised as leading legal service providers in Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific and IFLR 1000. Many of our partners are consistently recognised in each of these directories and in Best Lawyers International: Australia. Dentons has also been recognised on multiple occasions as Lawyers weekly Diversity law firm of the year and has also been recognised as a top 50 Australian employer for workplace diversity and inclusion.
This rewarding Legal Secretary role provides high level administration support to our fee earners in the Litigation/ IP team in Adelaide. As a top performer in your field you will find yourself challenged and inspired by the quality of work produced and by the team with whom you will be working with.
What you will be doing:
- Organize and manage fee earners diaries and appointments including travel coordination
- Ensure phones are answered professionally and promptly
- Type, edit and format letters, memos and documents
- Updating and maintaining databases
- Produce various correspondence and litigation documentation, including pleadings, authorities, submissions, applications, appearances, minutes of order, affidavits, notices, lists of documents etc.
- Familiar with operations of various government departments, agencies and courts, with whom we deal in the course of conduct of files.
- Liaise with finance for account payments; ensure that debtor enquires are sufficiently answered; assist authors in chasing debtors and following up with accounts
- Produce/edit spreadsheets, reports and PowerPoint presentations
- Opening/closing/archiving files
- File maintenance and monthly billing
- Organise couriers/hand deliveries
- Filing, photocopying, faxing and binding of documents
- Assist other support staff within the firm as required
You will have:
- A minimum of 5 years Legal Secretary (AA) support experience
- A high degree of intelligence and understanding of the tasks and issues arising in relation to the daily administration within a commercial law firm
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of computer systems and business technology, not limited to Microsoft 2016 with advances skills in Word
The following skills and experience will see you succeed:
- High attention to detail
- Professional phone manner
- A proficient understanding of time recording and disbursement administration
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team
Dentons Australia focuses on the three key areas of talent management: engagement, development, and culture to motivate, develop and deliver excellence for our clients.
We offer competitive market salary packaging, incentive pay and reward, salary sacrifice packaging, additional leave programs (purchased leave, parental leave) and referral bonuses.
We provide a number of generous health and wellbeing programs and promote diversity initiatives across gender, flexibility, culture and LGBTI. At Dentons, we are constantly looking to improve employee's lives in and out of the workplace.
To apply, please include your CV and a cover letter.
Dentons has an internal Talent Acquisition team that works directly with candidates on all of our career opportunities. Dentons does not accept external agency applications for this role.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates that meet the requirements of this position will be contacted.