- Global law firm - Sydney CBD Location
- Large Sydney team - high profile disputes
- To commence Feb/March 2020
In Australia, Dentons have offices across Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide. Our expertise, attitude and accessibility attract many of Australasia's most successful and innovative organisations as well as leading multinationals.
Our lawyers are repeatedly recognised as leading legal service providers in Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific and IFLR 1000. Many of our partners are consistently recognised in each of these directories and in Best Lawyers International: Australia. Dentons has also been recognised on multiple occasions as Lawyers weekly Diversity law firm of the year and has also been recognised as a top 50 Australian employer for workplace diversity and inclusion.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Associate to join our Recovery and Restructuring team in Sydney.
In this role, you will provide dispute resolution, restructuring and insolvency expertise to major banks and financiers, particularly with respect to business and corporate lending, and to insolvency practitioners particularly with respect to corporate administrations and also personal insolvency (bankruptcy).
To be successful in this role, you will have the following experience:
- Advising as to and conducting enforcement of banking business and commercial facilities and securities
- Conduct of loan and securities enforcement proceedings and other commercial disputes in the NSW Supreme Court Corporations, Commercial and Possession Lists, including court appearance and advocacy on interlocutory matters
- Substantial day to day carriage of corporate receiverships, voluntary administrations and liquidation, particularly in advising on the procedure and substantive law underlying Parts 5.2, 5.3A, 5.4 to 5.7B of the Corporations Act
- Acting for and advising creditors and trustees in relation to personal insolvency (bankruptcy matters)
- Good writing and drafting skills in relation to succinct email communications, more formal advices, drafting Deeds of Settlement and/or Forbearance, Deeds of Company Arrangement
- Conducting settlement conferences and mediations
- Minimum five years post qualification experience in NSW
- Ability to manage contentious matters in an autonomous fashion
- Prior experience in the supervision of junior lawyers advantageous
Dentons Australia focuses on the three key areas of talent management: engagement, development, and culture to motivate, develop and deliver excellence for our clients.
We offer competitive market salary packaging, incentive pay and reward, salary sacrifice packaging, additional leave programs (purchased leave, parental leave) and referral bonuses.
We provide a number of generous health and wellbeing programs and promote diversity initiatives across gender, flexibility, culture and LGBTI. At Dentons, we are constantly looking to improve employee's lives in and out of the workplace.
To apply, please submit a brief cover letter, current CV and academic transcripts.
Dentons has an internal talent acquisition team that works directly with candidates on all of our career opportunities. Dentons does not accept external agency applications for this role.
Please note only shortlisted candidates that meet the requirements of this position will be contacted.