- Leading Global law firm - Melbourne CBD Location
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Supportive and professional team
About Dentons Australia
In Australia, Dentons have offices across Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, and Adelaide. Our expertise, attitude and accessibility attract many of Australasia's most successful and innovative organisations as well as leading multinationals.
Our lawyers are repeatedly recognised as leading legal service providers in Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific and IFLR 1000. Many of our partners are consistently recognised in each of these directories and in Best Lawyers International: Australia. Dentons has also been recognised on multiple occasions as Lawyers weekly Diversity law firm of the year and has also been recognised as a top 50 Australian employer for workplace diversity and inclusion.
About the role:
Dentons Insolvency and Litigation practice in Melbourne is looking for an experienced Legal Administrative Assistant to support the team. The successful candidate will draw on their background in legal support to deliver outstanding administrative assistance.
What you will be doing:
You'll be the key to team success! With every day being a little different, you'll get exposure to a wide variety of interesting and exciting work. Your duties include, but are not limited to:
- Matter management including opening, closing and archiving files
- Email, diary management and travel bookings
- Drafting correspondence and court documents
- Court filing including electronic filing
- Liaising with clients via email and phone
- Month end Billings
You will have:
- Prior law firm experience in Litigation and Insolvency and a determination to excel in your legal support career
- Strong organisational skills - ability to meet deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of the team
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Excel
Please note this role is NOT SUITABLE FOR LAW GRADUATES.
What we can offer you:
Dentons Australia focuses on the three key areas of talent management: engagement, development, and culture to motivate, develop our talent to deliver excellence for our clients.
We offer competitive market salary packaging, incentive pay and reward, salary sacrifice packaging, additional leave programs (purchased leave, paid parental leave) and referral bonuses.
We offer a number of health and wellbeing programs and we promote diversity initiatives across gender, flexible work practices, culture and LGBTI. At Dentons, we are constantly looking to improve employee's lives in and out of the workplace to bring a sense of work/life harmony.
Please include a brief cover letter and current CV.
Dentons has an internal Talent Acquisition team that works directly with candidates on all of our career opportunities. Dentons does not accept external agency applications for this role.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates that meet the requirements of this position will be contacted.