- Work with major lenders on a range of transactions
- Golden opportunity to join leading Banking and Finance practice
- Positively impact your career
In Australia, Dentons has offices across Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth. Our expertise, attitude and accessibility attract many of Australasia's most successful and innovative organisations as well as leading multinationals.
Our lawyers are repeatedly recognised as leading legal service providers in Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific and IFLR 1000. Many of our partners are consistently recognised in each of these directories and in Best Lawyers International: Australia. Dentons has also been recognised on multiple occasions as Lawyers weekly Diversity law firm of the year and has also been recognised as a top 50 Australian employer for workplace diversity and inclusion.
The Practice Group
We are predominantly a debt finance practice and advise corporate and institutional lenders and borrowers on various debt arrangements. Whilst we are ever-increasingly acting for Dentons global clients on cross border matters, we have an unwavering commitment to our Australian clients who include major Australian banks as well a number of private lenders, investment managers and private developers.
We have experienced strong growth in recent years and are now looking for an experienced banking and finance lawyer to support our increasing pipeline of work. This is a full time position and is immediately available.
As an experienced banking and finance lawyer, you will be able to ‘hit the ground running’, acting predominantly for our bank and non-bank lenders on a range of debt finance matters. You will have carriage of your own matters and also assist our leading partners and senior lawyers structure, negotiate and complete transactions of varying degrees of complexity. You will also play a key role in the long term growth efforts of the Practice Group by supporting our business development activities.
We are looking for someone who is ready to establish their career and grow with us. We will invest in and support your growth by giving you opportunities:
- to participate in a structured learning and development program tailored to your level of experience;
- to enjoy the benefits of 'one on one' mentoring with partners and senior lawyers who will be focused on your career, development and well-being;
- to autonomously pursue appropriate business development opportunities; and
- for promotion and advancement in a growing Practice Group and firm.
We are interested in talking with Australian qualified lawyers with the following attributes:
- At least 1 – 4 years of post-admission experience in banking and finance practice at a reputable law firm or in-house legal role focussing on banking and finance.
- Ambitious with an appetite to learn and develop technical legal skills.
- A positive collegiate attitude with the ability to work well within a large team.
- The ability to successfully manage numerous competing matters and priorities and perform well under pressure.
- You don’t take yourself too seriously.
Dentons focuses on the three key areas of talent management: engagement, development, and culture to motivate, develop and deliver excellence for our clients.
We offer competitive market salary packaging, incentive pay and reward, salary sacrifice packaging, additional leave programs (purchased leave, parental leave) and referral bonuses.
We provide a number of generous health and wellbeing programs and promote diversity initiatives across gender, flexibility, culture and LGBTI. At Dentons, we are constantly looking to improve employee's lives in and out of the workplace.
Please submit your CV, cover letter and academic transcripts. For a highly confidential discussion please contact Kirstin Usher on (08) 9323 0954 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dentons has an Internal Talent Acquisition team that works directly with candidates on all of our career opportunities. Dentons does not accept external agency applications for this role.
Only shortlisted candidates that meet the requirements of this position will be contacted.