- Golden opportunity for a Paralegal!
- Join our highly regarded Recovery and Restructuring practice
- Positively impact your career!
In Australia, Dentons have offices across Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide. Our expertise, attitude and accessibility attract many of Australasia's most successful and innovative organisations as well as leading multinationals.
Our lawyers are repeatedly recognised as leading legal service providers in Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific and IFLR 1000. Many of our partners are consistently recognised in each of these directories and in Best Lawyers International: Australia. Dentons has also been recognised on multiple occasions as Lawyers Weekly Diversity law firm of the year and has also been recognised as a top 50 Australian employer for workplace diversity and inclusion.
About the role:
Dentons Recovery and Restructuring practice in Perth has a golden opportunity for a paralegal to join its highly regarded litigation team on a full time, permanent basis. In this busy practice, Dentons acts on behalf of major banks and financial institutions. The work is of a fast paced nature, which will see you having carriage of a portfolio of Supreme Court files, with an emphasis on compliance and quality assurance.
If you are a proactive, motivated self-starter, ready to take your career to the next level and apply your skills then this is a role worth considering! Our team strives for excellence and are always looking to exceed expectations and be better than excellent. Can you help our team continue to excel and be an integral part of the growth of our Recovery and Restructuring practice?
What you will be doing:
- File management and client communication via a specialised web-based system;
- Preparing legal documents, including statutory notices and court documents;
- Acting as first point of contact for clients, maintaining regular communications via specialised online web-based portal;
- Progressing matters through the Supreme Court process to resolution under supervision;
- Interacting with defendants;
- Liaising directly with customers in relation to sensitive financial matters with the aim to come to suitable arrangements;
- Working with lawyers to progress matters through Courts.
You will have:
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to handle a large workload and manage conflicting priorities
- You must be able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
- Commitment to professionalism and the ability to deal with sensitive matters
What you'll need to succeed:
You will be very well organised and have strong communication skills for drafting and attention to detail. It is highly advantageous if you come from a law firm with demonstrable experience in banking or corporate support, as well as secured or unsecured recoveries experience.
We welcome applicants who have a strong retail/ customer facing background and who are working towards their degree in law. Your determination to excel in a paralegal career is a pre-requisite however! We are a high performing, friendly team with supportive partners and we will offer you on the job training to help you along the way.
Bring your experience and high standards and positively impact your career by joining our team who will in turn support you and your career development.
Dentons Australia focuses on the three key areas of talent management: engagement, development, and culture to motivate, develop and deliver excellence for our clients.
We offer competitive market salary packaging, incentive pay and reward, salary sacrifice packaging, additional leave programs (purchased leave, parental leave) and referral bonuses.
We provide a number of generous health and wellbeing programs and promote diversity initiatives across gender, flexibility, culture and LGBTI. At Dentons, we are constantly looking to improve employee's lives in and out of the workplace.
To apply, please include your CV and a cover letter. For a confidential conversation please contact Kirstin Usher on (08) 9323 0954 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dentons has an internal Talent Acquisition team that works directly with candidates on all of our career opportunities. Dentons does not accept external agency applications for this role.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates that meet the requirements of this position will be contacted.