- Great opportunity to grow your career in debt collection
- Global law firm - Sydney CBD location
- Initial 6 month contract
In Australia, Dentons have offices across Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide. Our expertise, attitude and accessibility attract many of Australasia's most successful and innovative organisations as well as leading multinationals.
Our lawyers are repeatedly recognised as leading legal service providers in Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific and IFLR 1000. Many of our partners are consistently recognised in each of these directories and in Best Lawyers International: Australia. Dentons has also been recognised on multiple occasions as Lawyers weekly Diversity law firm of the year and has also been recognised as a top 50 Australian employer for workplace diversity and inclusion.
As a Credit Controller, you will be managing the debt collection process, focusing on the reduction of debtors and ensuring invoices are collected efficiently and resolve any outstanding debts and queries.
- Managing a large ledger of outstanding debt
- Collect due and overdue amounts in an efficient and effective manner
- Ensure invoices are paid within trading terms
- Action and resolve disputed invoices
- Assist with the daily identification of received funds
- Assist with daily cheque banking/receipting when required
- Regular review of the aged debtors list, identifying and targeting problem clients
- Ensure ledger maintenance is performed, documented and signed off in accordance with Firm policies
- Attend and respond to ad-hoc queries and requests from staff and management
- Run and prepare regular and ad-hoc reports, including statements, reminder letters, ledgers etc. as required by both clients and other staff throughout the firm
- Processing WIP & Debtor write offs
- Other duties as directed
Experience Skills & Knowledge
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a debt collection role with exposure to billings, credit and collection
- Experience dealing with banks
- Background in the Legal Industry or professional services environment preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent resolution and problem solving abilities
- Effective communicator both written and oral to all level of employees
- Time management skills with ability to meet deadlines and targets
- Proficient at Word, Excel and Outlook
Dentons Australia focuses on the three key areas of talent management: engagement, development, and culture to motivate, develop and deliver excellence for our clients.
We offer competitive market salary packaging, incentive pay and reward, salary sacrifice packaging, additional leave programs (purchased leave, parental leave) and referral bonuses.
We provide a number of generous health and wellbeing programs and promote diversity initiatives across gender, flexibility, culture and LGBTI. At Dentons, we are constantly looking to improve employee's lives in and out of the workplace.
Please include a brief cover letter and current CV.
Dentons has an internal Talent Acquisition team that works directly with candidates on all of our career opportunities. Dentons does not accept external agency applications for this role.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates that meet the requirements of this position will be contacted.